Vintage American Pelican c.1838 - Round Glass-Framed Print with Gold Detail
The American white pelican is a large aquatic soaring bird. It breeds in interior North America, moving south and to the coasts, as far as Central America and South America, in winter.
This print references the famous beautifully hand coloured Aubudon print from the 1800s. Prints of this style were originally printed in black and white and then hand painted over the top to give them bright vibrant colours. This digital remastering captures all the beautiful detail of the original drawing like no other.
- Antique pieces digitally remastered to restore damage and bring back original colors
- Printed with archival grade methods to ensure highest quality and prevent aging
- Using highest quality ink and paper
- Prints digitally restored in-house using reference from illustrations from the 1800's
- Printed on archival grade 315gsm with fine art inks
- Mounted with white conservation grade Daler Rowney mountboard
- Framed prints made with glass
PLEASE NOTE THAT GIFT WRAPPING AND EXPRESS SHIPPING ARE UNAVAILABLE ON THIS ITEM DUE TO BEING FRAMED TO ORDER. DELIVERY IS 3-5 WORKING DAYS