Vintage c.1833 Hummingbirds - Solid Wood & Glass Frames
This beautiful collection of hummingbird illustrations revives an 1833 work by Sir William Jardine, 7th Baronet of Applegarth, a Scottish naturalist noted for editing The Naturalist’s Library series of natural history books. Illustrations like these were originally printed in black ink and then coloured by hand, and we’ve digitally remastered and enhanced them here in our Lancashire studio to bring their vivid colours back to life.
To ensure exceptional quality, we use archival grade methods to create these exquisite hummingbird prints and frame them using sustainable wood so that they’re ready to hang. Every part is hand cut, printed and assembled in Britain to create pictures of distinction with the lowest possible carbon footprint.
- Antique pieces digitally remastered to restore damage and bring back original colors
- Printed with archival grade methods to ensure highest quality and prevent aging
- Using highest quality ink and paper
- Prints digitally restored in-house using reference from illustrations from the 1800's
- Printed on archival grade 315gsm with fine art inks
- Mounted with white conservation grade Daler Rowney mountboard
- Framed prints made with glass
PLEASE NOTE THAT GIFT WRAPPING AND EXPRESS SHIPPING ARE UNAVAILABLE ON THIS ITEM DUE TO BEING FRAMED TO ORDER. DELIVERY IS 3-5 WORKING DAYS